Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just a little introduction I wont go thorugh the boring bits but I'm a new Alfa owner, never thought about buying before as I have stuck to the German manufacturers but these have been so modane and boring. So I went an bought a Alfa GT I must say the sex on wheels.. my only niggle is build quality but hey I can put up with that just for the style alone.

I registered to this site through a recommendation after purchasing my car from Smart Alfa, crikey theses guys have alot of bad press on here but to be honest my car came within a few weeks absolutely spot on and yes it had fuel in it too !!!!!!
Been reading some of your comments and it sounds like its a case for bad press not good stuff, since my car arrived perfectly and I dealt with the MD I have NO bad comments and before you guys start accusing me of being paid as you tend do this when someone says anything good about them I havent and would never take bribes..

But anyway I dont want to start on a bad note and upset people who have had complaints cos this happens, I could tell you a story about the problems I had with a main dealer not Alfa though and that would make you shiver in customer service and what they was suppossed to deliver... (another story).

I would also like to point out I had a Steinbauer pbox (odd name) unit fitted to my car and that was the best money I spent it supposed to upgrade it by 20% feels more like 50% I was so impressed I bought the company (thats a joke by the way!!!!).
Have had re-maps in the past with horrors stories but I really did do my homework on this one and contacted just about everyone about tuning and checked out these units. All seemed good to me.

Thats enough of my gibberish I'm a proud owner of an Alfa GT and I hope you lot make me feel welcome.

Regards

Matthew

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome Matt, I too am a very recent GT owner, bought from Auto Lusso and I agree with your comments about the company (check out my previous comments).
I love the car too, and will be interested to know how you get on with the re-mapping ie. mpg, tyre wear! etc.
Martin

ps, What colour is it and did you go for the Bose system?

W

·
0 Posts
The third new SA/AL purchaser to register here in the last few days....you are very welcome and I hope you enjoy your new purchase!

Your "genuiness" will be proven by how long you stick around ;)

wrinx

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Martin, it's odd to have someone on the first post on the forum to praise the company where he bought the car from. He wrote one line on the GT and several on SA.

Anyhow, welcome to AO Matt, I hope you become a regular contributor to the site :)

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
not at all martin, its just we get a lot of "sudden" interest in one subject, and over the last few days there have been a few new members all posting a certain interest. we have to moniter things like this as AO don't allow advertising etc.

if you were a long standing member with say 2000 posts its guarenteed to be a real reccommendation, however, when a new member reccommends something in thier first post we have to watch where the member is then going.

anyway, welcome to alfaowner, i truely hope you stick around, join in (great banter here) and have many happy miles in your alfa:D

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Hi & welcome, not sure about the build quality bit, mine seems ok, but we'll see if anything drops off.

·
Registered
163 Posts
OK, I can see where you experienced AO members are coming from. I suppose I was so excited at getting my GT I just wanted to let everyone know that I was happy with the deal! Haven't had the car long enough to say too much about it yet, so time will tell - but I've named it 'Homer' (just for the record).:lol:
Martin

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Hey Matt,
What spec did you get colour, alloys etc..
Glad you managed to get avay from ze booring common German cars

W

·
0 Posts
KX56DOA said:
Hi Wrinx

'Your "genuiness" will be proven by how long you stick around'. ??

Not sure what you mean by this? Are you saying that 'real' satisfied customers of SA/AL don't exist?

Martin
Why so defensive?

wrinx

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.