Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i covered my pistons alternator starter motor and distributor and i high presure washed my engine i sprayed a bit of water into the flywheel will this affect anything?

and does anyone have a sprare 33 series 2 spoiler they want to sell

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi
If you use the engine fairly soon - about a month or less, there should be no problem with water on the flywheel.
If it is left for a long time though, the clutch plate may end up rusting to the flywheel and pressure plate so won't release when the clutch pedal is operated.
However, even then, they usually release if you get the car started and accelerate/decellerate in first gear with the clutch pedal pressed down.
If that doesn't work it is engine/ gearbox split and clutch clutch off to release the clutch plate.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Probably wasn't the best move using high pressure water to clean the pistons.
How did you cover them?

Water may have seeped through the rings into the crank, possibly pushing dirt into the engine.
If you have dirt in the engine now I would strip it and give it a thorough clean otherwise the bearings and piston rings may destroy themselves in no time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a couple of spare SII rear tail gates, I will check to see if one has a spoiler and let you know.
Postage may be a bit high, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts