Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hey girls!

Tags
girls hey
1K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Ivo 
G
#1 ·
Howdy girls and girls!

Nemmy popping in for a quick hello...and you thought I'd died in a bank holiday pile up of caravans.

The caravan is no more, the RAV 4 is no more, but I'm still with Toyota. No choice really, they were the only ones who would give me a sensible price for a nearly new RAV and deal on something quicker, which is a Corolla T Sport.

Don't puke, it's OK...visually it isn't in the same league as the 147 internally or externally, but handling is almost as good, ride is better and so is the build/reliability and performance wise, leagues apart. Compared with that new 147 GTA thingy, well it's not that league, but Top Gears official roadtest recorded an official 0-60mph as 7.3 seconds (in the wet!), 30-70mph as 6.9sec and 0-100mph as 18.6sec, which is just about identical to the 156 V6. You have to give the engine a good caning to exploit it's potential, 6000-8000 rpm is where it sings. Had a couple of good tussles (shut yer faces self appointed road angels!). Sounds quite good when it's being spanked too! Not quite Alfa rorty, but a bit of a scream/growl with a Jap accent!

Needs a little sorting though...rides a bit soft so it's being lowered 30mm on stiffer springs. Wheel tyre combo looks a bit weedy in the arches so when the tyres need replacing (soon), I'm having a set of 17" Oz Racing Superturismo's wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza 215/45's to replace the current 16" in 195/55's. That should sort the handling.

Needs a little kick up the bum to get it pulling lower down...not sure what yet. Probably induction, exhaust and re-map.

It's black by the way!

I'm not going to pop in several times a day as previous, but once a week or so I shall be checking in just to keep you Alfisti in line.

I see Hugo's English hasn't improved much!

"Don't be fooled by the Toyota that I got, I'm still, I'm still Nemmy from the block!"

laughing laughing laughing

See less See more
#2 ·
NEMMY!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Now that I'm off you are back :rolleyes:

Welcome back Nemmy!!! oh, my English is much better btw :D wink

It's called Hugoish now :D

Btw, thanks for remembering me! wink

#4 ·
Nemesis,

Welcome back. :D

You don't know me, but I know your posts. I lurked on here for a long time before I became part of the flock. Your name is one of the first that I came to recognize and I always looked forward to reading your posts. You (and a couple of the other infamous MIAs) are the reason that I'm here now.

Personally I don't care what car you drive, and I really don't think you should apologize for/justify your purchase. It's not like you're diluting the purity of this board any by adding one little Corolla. If that was the case, my Z24 would cancel out my Spider and invalidate all my posts (well, maybe it does wink ).

Your presence is what people actually care about, not your wheels. Besides, we're all waiting to see what you can do to that Toyota, so you'd better post pictures after all the mods are done (and the car has been thoroughly riced wink ).

Nice to hear from you again,
Toronto

#7 ·
Nemmy my matey..How much i've missed you

i had given up all hope on ever seeing you around again..Now stay :D

#8 ·
Nemmyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Hey!! It's really nice to have you back here, honest! I don't care if you check in once a week only, as long as you do.

Welcome back mate, you're the one that gave me the melon affiliation here. :D

And now I'm the cheesemaster!! :D :D :D

BTW, how do you like our newest graemlin addition?? --> laughing

Cheese Nemmy,

Ant

#9 ·
Welcome back Nem. I'm another, like Toronto, who was first attracted to this forum in part by your posting style. So everyone, you know who to blame. :D
Glad you're back, but I'll be very impressed with your willpower if you manage to cope with only once a week. I would have thought it's either cold turkey, or 24 hours a day on AO.
[whisper](BTW, I personally quite like the Corolla T sport, but don't tell anyone on this forum, I'm trying to cultivate an Alfa-fanatic persona)[/whisper]

#12 ·
Nem, As you can see g has been missing you as he was the only one left to take the p*ss from! So you traded the Alfa for a gay 4x4, bought a caravan, moved to the wilds of t'moors, sold the gay 4x4, bought some sort of "rice boy" Jap effort, abandoned our little community for 3 months and thought you could walk back into to welcoming arms? Well as messrs Bush and Rumsfeld have found some people don't want liberating from their tyrannical addictions so we're still quite happy here putting up with our rattles and creaks and dodgy dealers. Welcome back to the fundamenatlist people's republic of Alfaowner. All gypsies, Jap freaks and assorted loonies welcomed and tolerated (well nearly)
By the way as you can't seem to hang on to a car for more than 6 months at a time, what's next? My money's on a Perodua Nippy! :D

#17 ·
Nemesis in a Toyota !!!! what is happening to the world ....

Welcome back .... but please no Jap stories
or we (the Fundamentalist Alfa Owners) have to bomb you with a smart 'fatman'

laughing laughing

Rarebear

#22 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toronto Spider:
<strong>Ah, you're right. Of course, we lumberjacks are known for our fashion sense, not our sense of humour. wink :D
--Toronto</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So you like to wear MEN's clothing then ehrrrr ????

:D

G
#24 ·
I disappeared some time before 'the war' began and now return once it is 'over'...draw your own conclusions as to where I've been and what I've been up to...

I could have been on a secret mission to attempt to remove from power the evil dictator threatening world peace, but I don't think I'd have got past Dubya's secret service.

Perhaps I was writing scripts for Comical Ali coming out with such gems as "there are no Americans in Baghdad...except for the ones on the bridge in the Bradley armoured fighting vehicles over my left shoulder".

Alternatively I could have been acting as a covert agent in downtown Baghdad co-ordinating precision airstrikes on markets to destroy fruit and vegetables of mass destruction.

Or, more likely I got an Xbox for Christmas. Sega GT was a lot of fun until I tried to get my 'S' licence.

Decided not to buy a new 'van to replace the one I'd sold. Got a bit fed up with the slightly effeminate RAV 4 and binned it, hence the Corolla. Tried to get back into a 147, but nobody other than Toyota would do me a good deal on the RAV (to new, they didn't know what to do with it).
Also I've been raising the new addition to the family, an Airedale Terrier who takes up a lot of time and I've been transforming my garden with 5 tons of bricks, 8 tons of concrete, 350 feet of timber decking and some welded box steel.

So Aisha has disappeared to? Probably in a bunker in sandland with Saddam and Bin Hidin.

wink

#25 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong> I've been transforming my garden with 5 tons of bricks, 8 tons of concrete, 350 feet of timber decking and some welded box steel.
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you built a bomb shelter or something?
(obviously a very tasteful one with decking too)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.