Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice forum, like the styles :)

i am thinking of buying a 156 or a GTV, and thought this would be a good place to start...

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO :)

The 156 is basically a family saloon & the GTV is a small sports coupe... ie poles apart other than the badge & the "brio". What exactly do you need ? ;) :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
low running costs! I want something that stands out from the crowd, but won't kill me to run it. I'm thinking more the 156.

an old man recently wrote off my honda prelude (56k miles, mk4 mint) I got £2.5k settlement, would like an Alfa, have never had one, mine time could well have come... (had plenty fiats!)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hello :) Get the GTV ;)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Welcome to the site onlyz. :D

My heart says gtv - my head (and your budget) say a nice sorted 156. If you ask santa nicely, perhaps he'll get you a nice gtv for weekends too!!

;)

·
Super Moderator
60,034 Posts
Hi and welcome. Enjoy the site, have a look at some of the pictures of the alfa's, maybe you'll see the type you like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome mate. Oooh decisions decisions. Basic rule is the family car won't have been thrashed as much as the sports car, but let's be honest, all Alfas are driven with spirit - GTV must be a logical replacement for your Prelude.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts