Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Got a problem with my 147 2.0 TS (sillyspeed) occasionally when cold starting driving off car judders and is sluggish for about five seconds, it illuminates MCSF which remains on, cant remember fault codes but descriptions are
Lambda probe bank 1 partial load
Lambda probe bank 2 partial load
anyone any ideas, its had new probes and coolant temp sender.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My girlfriend is getting this on her 1.6 Lusso. I have cleaned the MAF and partially cleaned the throttle butterfly but to no avail.

Do you find the misfire/hesitation only happens when the car is under low load and below approx' 2500rpm?

I am going to check the plugs tomorrow as this is what Alfa diagnosed the problem as last time but that was only 12k ago. I am hoping the rocker cover gasket is leaking oil into a plug well and causing the misfire. That should be an easy fix.

I will report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, will only hesitatye/misfire for about five secs when first pulling away after being left overnight, cant really see MAF causing the issue as they dont normally cause sporadic faults like that but will try a plug change..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just to confirm, I changed the plugs today and all is well. The originals were well shot so I can only assume they were only cleaned up 12k ago and not actually replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts