Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

only had my Giulietta a few days and have noticed that when accelerating briskly in any gear the engine seems to be holding back. Every few seconds it feels as though its spluttering and losing power. It will then accelerate as normal then few seconds later it splutters again.

I know the flywheel needs replacing as its showing signs of wear. Would this be related? I cannot hear any noise from the flywheel (metal knocking) when im accelerating but wondering if this is linked?

cheers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone got any idea? Had thought of the EGR however that was replaced no 5k miles ago.

Any other sensors that could cause a sort of spluttering/misfire?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
952 Posts
with out a fault code it's difficult... Could be any thing including poor quality fuel , clogged air filter, turbo hose split, un metered air entering the system..

Good luck though, Justin

·
Registered
40,603 Posts
EGR faults, other than the plastic cover cracking are very rare. I think I have seen one instance of an EGR causing running problems on this forum since I joined.

I would check the hoses for dodgy connections and spilts, and maybe try cleaning the MAF sensor as it can get oil inside it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so i removed the maf sensor last weekend and it seemed to solve the problem! However driving home from work today, it seems the stuttering has returned. I did have quite a bit of oil in the intake pipes so i assume its blocked the sensor again?

Ive changed the air filter so that is fine. Pipes themselves look fine. I havent taken off the map sensor yet either to clean. Could this cause the same issue?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I had a huge hesitation about a week ago, it put the Mil light on and was an EGR fault but after resetting it hasn't come back yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem on my Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTDM 120 KC. The car has only 160000 km. The hesitation starts on acceleration. I changed the injectors with new ones. I changed EGR, AIR filter, all the pipes are cleaned including the fuel reservar. At last i changed the MAF sensor and the hesitation stoped, but im sensing that is coming back..
Did you resolve your problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts