Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Here we go again! matriculating in Portugal

699 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Nev 
#1 ·
Its fortunate that I do not have much hair left or I would be tearing out in handfuls!. Going through the process of matriculating my car in Portugal, had the technical test last week (car - Alfa 156 TS flew through this with no problems EXCEPT the engine number has become so faint as to be unreadable in its normal position front of block adjacent to exhaust manifold). The powers that be are now saying that I have to take it to an Alfa Garage to prove what the engine number is!. Fortunately I have the number established by talking to my friendly dealer in the UK, but of course I have to prove this by showing the physical detail. Does anyone know whether the engine number is stamped anywhere else on the engine before I indulge in a lot of heartache, expense, cursing etc. I could tell you that they want me to pay duty from 2004 on an 1999 car but that is another story....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.