Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year my internal fan stopped. A mate and I got it out cleaned all contacts and it started up again. It was a bit intermittent during the year but generally worked. About two months ago iut gave up the ghost again.

I've got fan out and cleaned it and contacts up, no result.
I've checked and cleaned wiring on drivers side, inside footwell cover, no result.

So any ideas. I could check the fuse but I can't remember how to drop fuse box (I have got cover off) to get at the fuses, maybe someone can remind me.

After that I'm out of ideas. Quite happy to source a fan but want to run through all other possibilities first.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If the car is phase 2, the fuse is in the engine bay. In a small box near the left side strut. The main fuse box swings down when you pull the lever marked 'Fuses' above the throttle/brake pedals.

Does the fan spin easily by hand when it's out of the heater unit? If not the fan bearings may be seized.

Have you checked the speed controller adjacent to the fan?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Have you checked the connector that the fan plugs into? I found it had melted On mine. Probably due to a loose contact. Had to replace the connector. Fine ever since! ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys.

Thanks for fuse box answer. Connector fine, I have disconnected fan so had a good look at connector.

Fan does spin (by hand).

Where's the speed controller? What am I looking for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts