Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Which way does it go? Does it try to blow forward through the radiator and out the front of the car?
I imagine the plugs are shaped so you can't connect them backwards. If Luigi (the Alfa Romeo factory worker) managed to somehow put your car together in such a way that the fan actually blows the wrong direction, that would be impressive!
"Heya, I've run outta the fans thata suck! What shall I do?"
"Luigi! Pizza!"
"Mama mia! Well, I'lla use this blowing fan from the ventilation unit. It'sa not like it does any good there anyway."

·
Registered
175 Posts
my guess is the wires have been snipped and standard terminal connectors used as a form of quick release because forever removing the radiator for maintenence
easy fix - reverse the wires around
mabey if you live in a cold climate thay are trying to get some heat into the motor!
suprised it hasnt burned out yet. can you imaginethe fan trying to work againt the force of the wind at 100km/h!

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Andy, the fan is supposed to suck air into the engine bay (so it therefore has to pass through the radiator, cooling it down as it does so) not blow air out through the radiator as you may be supposing.

It'd be unusual for the fan to be wired wrong.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi ive now got to do my front pasenger wheel bering cant get the hub nut off i got the 36mm socket just wont budge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts