Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! My 155 1.6 has gone mad.

If I get out of the car but leave the key in ignition and close the door the car refuses to start. Dead, nothing. The code light goes out but the engine doesn't even turn over. The same thing happens after a long run.

I visited my local Alfa service and he changed 2 solenoids. But yesterday the same problem. I was forsed to bump start the car. Oh god how embarising VW and BMW drivers were watching.

The alarm is disconected. It was when I bought the car. I have never bothered to turn it on as I know they cause a lot of trouble.

Any Ideas????? Please!!!!!
My wife is convinced the car is Cr-P and wants to buy a golf.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi David..

My 155 is too early for a code thingy, but does the key have the code in it? If so, is the batery in the key flat (provided it has one)?

Only thought so far...

Oliver. :cool:

By the way.. they AINT crap!! :mad:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't sound like an immobilser/alarm problem as they cut out the fuel/ignition. Sounds more like the starter motor/solenoid/circuit. I once had the main cable from battery to starter break under the insulation(on a Ford!!) but it was the same symptoms as yours :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
Changed the solenoids. But they don't seem to like being warm. If I take them out and cool them down the car starts 1st time.
Oh well it will soon be winter and at -15 I wont get the problem

·
Registered
632 Posts
David Lear:
Oh well it will soon be winter and at -15 I wont get the problem
So we'll expect this thread to be resurrected around next May :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts