Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as i was about to sing the praises of my 6 month old Mito 135, it has blotted its copybook. The engine management light has come on (check engine)? and also stop/start is unavailable. Is this a recovery to local dealer job or safe to drive to dealer? Any views will be appreciated
Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Have you tried waiting and trying again??

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gary, my girlfriend said the light came on after starting the car this morning and was still on when coming home this evening. Im going to ring my local dealer tomorrow morning. Thanks for the reply.

Richard

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hope they get it sorted for you. Start/stop unavailable is not normally anything to worry about. especially at this time of the year with everything draining the battery. The engine management light is cause for concern though I would say.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sods Law. Rang my local dealer (Bauer Millett) who were very helpful and offered to look at it anytime today. Er indoors jumped in the car and all warning lights had gone out. Spoke to BM who asked if car ran perfectly, i replied yes, so for now all is well.

Richard

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
mine did that last week, was my fault as she nearly stalled and i stopped it, computer thought there was a problem with clutch/gearbox, just reset and now fine

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
We've had the odd random error message flash up, but they tend to go away after switching off and on (not M$oft OS s/w behind this? ;) )

The only one that was a problem was related to the steering angle and that needed a new steering motor fitted under warranty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts