Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Got my new car yesterday - had a great day with it, polished it today - looks stunning, then poppeed out for a bottle of vino earlier - limp mode for the return journey! No warning lights, no hard driving, just a loss of all power - feel like running myself over in my broken new car - please help! Its a 2.4 Jtdm, 07 plate so still under warranty - would Mangoletsi be responsible for diagnosing & repair?

Ps. I do still really love it though, what an amazing car - would much prefer it if it worked properly though!! :lol:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yep mango's totally responsible for sorting it out under warranty. any alfa dealer in fact, whichever is your nearest. sorry to hear about the fault though, kinda takes the shine off the ownership of such a gorgeous car :(

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,384 Posts
yep mango's totally responsible for sorting it out under warranty. any alfa dealer in fact, whichever is your nearest. sorry to hear about the fault though, kinda takes the shine off the ownership of such a gorgeous tractor :(
Al, show a bit more sensitivity please ;) :D

i completely agree though, even if its out of warranty the dealer should sort it out as its only a day old (to you)

H

·
0 Posts
Gaz :tut:

It's a newbie asking for help get to know alfaholism before you go taking the pist out of his car mate :)

I've got a thick skin ;)

@ alfaholism I'm moving this thread to the tech lounge you might get some more sensible replies there :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Happy Man,

Just had the AA out to check it over - they reckon it's an EGR valve - they're coming back in the morning to take to Mangoletsi - hope they can sort it in the morning.

Ps. don't worry Gaz, I didn't take any offence - I love my tractor!! Even though it's already knackered!!

Cheers guys, I'll keep you posted! :thumbs:;):D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That'll be two in Mango's this morning then for the same thing lol :p

·
Registered
779 Posts
Alfaholism , gutted for you that your new car has developed this fault so soon. Your AR dealer will get it sorted so no need to worry and look on the bright side , much better for this to happen now when it's still under warrenty than in a few months when it is not. You will soon be back on the road with the rest of us AR nutters , enjoying life :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Only got your PM this morning alfaholism.

Back to Mangos and see what they say - they'll maybe just reset it and send you on your way.

I'm in there tomorrow with unrelated suspension problems, so will look out for your 159 :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That'll be two in Mango's this morning then for the same thing lol :p
I'm looking around the showroom for you MR, grey T-shirt reading a paper - is that you?! I'm on the computer - guy in the leather jacket crossing everything hoping that they can sort my car out and send me on my happy way!!

:thumbs::D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only got your PM this morning alfaholism.

Back to Mangos and see what they say - they'll maybe just reset it and send you on your way.

I'm in there tomorrow with unrelated suspension problems, so will look out for your 159 :)

Thanks Hunter,

Well, I hope you don't see it tomorrow, I want to drive it home today!! Really hope it is something simple, it couldn't have happened at a worst time, desparately need to have my car sorted!

Thanks for your PM Hunter, good look with your visit to Mangoletsi tomorrow!

Cheers :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts