Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 156 warning bulb light is on all the time, I have no blown lamps at all but still this warning light on the dash stays on all the time.

Anyone can help with this problem.

Hammo.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
1st, welcome to this site

2nd, did you check the number plate bulbs, rear tail lights, front side lights

if these are all ok, then the rev counter could be faulty

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Not checked all the lights yet, just been for a test drive in it and the light was on, the dealer did say all lights are working and its a fault somewhere else.

Hammo

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Its most likley a fault in the rev counter as sear says. Make sure the tail lights go completely out when turned off as this is another indication of a rev counter issue. You may find there is a very slight glimmer coming from them which runs the battery down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok will check this out, does the rev counter have the mileage reading incorporated into the unit also, if so how do i get the same mileage into the new rev counter.

Hammo

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The rev counter does not have the mileage reading that is in the speedo are you sure that it is the bulb out warning or somethimg else - there are a number of threads about the bulb out warning and why the rev counter ends up being replaced

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think its the warning bulb out symbol, went for a test drive in the car yesterday and noticed the warning light on the dash, the deal did say that the battery went flat and replaced the battery, that does sound a possibility as the other guy has said that its drains the battery leaving the rear lights glimmering. Easy job to change the rev counter anyway.

Hammo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts