Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where my brother can get some inlet mainifolds made for his 1,7 16v engine that is in his sud as he wants to junk the injection system for some carbs, was there someone on ebay a little while back that made .

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pat, like the new car matey :thumbs:

and yes there was a guy in greece (?) cant remember,
who was selling them for about £130 to fit dhla carbs to 16v motors.
cheers mark the mk 2 sud ti i now own is very nice ,just got some minor cosmetics to do on the body but apart from that its really good amd taxed and moted.
i will try and find the greek seller and see if he has any.
mark what have you been up to with your cars have not seen you on here in a while.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Think this is the guys e-mail address:
"Thanassis Gritsopoulos" <[email protected]>

Think long and hard before you ditch the injection though. As its a road car it will be far more driveable with it than carbs. If he wants more power get a mapable ECU. This will help with anygine mods anyway.
My wild 1400 16V is so much more user-friendly than my 8V 1600 on carbs even though the 1600 is in a milder state of tune.

rsfruitbat

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think this is the guys e-mail address:
"Thanassis Gritsopoulos" <[email protected]>

Think long and hard before you ditch the injection though. As its a road car it will be far more driveable with it than carbs. If he wants more power get a mapable ECU. This will help with anygine mods anyway.
My wild 1400 16V is so much more user-friendly than my 8V 1600 on carbs even though the 1600 is in a milder state of tune.

rsfruitbat
my brother mark prefers carbs as he thinks the 33 injection system is not very good but he did think about throttle bodies also but as he is a alfa technician and used to build race engines for gatwick alfa which is now rusper alfa when he was a trainee and i also think he likes the sound of carbs with filter as they sound so nice .
p.s i know injection would be easier to live with though but i dont think a sud would be the same without a bit of induction noise.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Induction roar is one of my problems with the rallycar.
Engine makes more noise (from ITG filters) than exhaust does.

rsfruitbat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts