Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 300 miles from home for work and driving my P reg GTV 2 litre TS. Yesterday I noticed a ticking noise from the front-drivers side. It is responsive to revs.

Pulling into the car park this morning I noticed smoke coming from the same area whilst reversing into a parking bay.

I'm screwed aren't I.

Any idea what is might be?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Any of those pulleys, cogs, with bearings, serpentine belt wheelies', camshaft tensioners, stretchers, gears Etc.Etc.:(: Anything in fact, that is pulled along with some sort of belt?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of those pulleys, cogs, with bearings, serpentine belt wheelies', camshaft tensioners, stretchers, gears Etc.Etc.:(: Anything in fact, that is pulled along with some sort of belt?
You are filling me with confidence there my man.

I'm sweating here.

·
Registered
38,251 Posts
Seized or collapsed fixed tensioner or waterpump is my bet. The smoke is from the friction for the belt rubbing over it.

I wouldn't start the engine until it has been looked at otherwise you are looking at a big bill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
are u running the air con, could be a siezed pump turn it off and see if you can turn it over with out the burning smoke, could even be the aircon pump clutch burning out

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:mad: it's the smoke of satan...and he's come to get you...switch that that ignition one more time.....it may be your last......

·
Registered
945 Posts
Join the AA for £50 or so and get a tow to a garage of your choice!

I've used them twice in 2 years... car left outside Jamie Porters in Royston and the keys put through the door. :D

Smoke is not good, unless you're sure don't risk it being the cambelt wearing down against something!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts