Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I need to replace one rear bearing on my 2001 GTV 916, and i went straight to one of my favorite part suppliers, alfaworkshop.

They have hub + bearing in stock but in two variants one for vehicle numbers before #6063041 and one for vehicles after #6063041.

To my surprise my VIN (ZAR91600007002238) did not return any vehicle number in their system.

I tried myself in FIAT ePER at this link:
FIAT ePER
and also I got vehicle number 00000000...

i played a bit with "random" VIN, and this one ZAR91600006068108, gets me vehicle #07000076. After this VIN ePER always returns vehicle number 00000000. Anyway it looks mine should be an newer vehicle than #6063041.

Any ideas how to get the correct vehicle number to source correct part? Other than get the part off and take a good look at it (for that i need a free weekend first :) ).

Cheers!
Alessio

P.S. sorry if this was covered in other threads i could not find any info in here!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
The variance is down to ABS system type.

Earlier cars have a passive ABS speed sonsor pick-up system (until mid 2000)
Later cars have an active ABS pick-up system (2001 onwards)

doesnt help much but the two do look quite different. ABS pick-up rings and sensors are visible on rear hub face when disk brake is removed from hub

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nellytheroc,

thanks for your quick reply.

You kind of confirm what i thought: my 2001 CF3 is a "newer" chassis and needs the active ABS system. I supposed that VIN # are always incremental.

The link you added is just the part i though i needed. For some reasons ePER seems to return vehicle number = 0 for all the cars after year 2000 (i tried few combinations).

I will order the one you suggested, and post the result when finished!

Thanks!
Cheers :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The variance is down to ABS system type.

Earlier cars have a passive ABS speed sonsor pick-up system (until mid 2000)
Later cars have an active ABS pick-up system (2001 onwards)

doesnt help much but the two do look quite different. ABS pick-up rings and sensors are visible on rear hub face when disk brake is removed from hub
Hi Jowey,

thanks yes that is why i needed to know the vehicle number (my car is in "winter holiday" :) , here in Finland roads are soon pretty salty, and that is a "no no" if i want to keep it in good shape....) so i cannot take it apart and check any time soon).
It seems that both ePER and the system they use at alfaworkshop did not return correct vehicle number form the VIN.

Anyhow based on the reply from Nellytheroc above, i will go for the active ABS system, my car must be newer than #6063041.

Thanks,
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hi Nellytheroc,

thanks for your quick reply.

You kind of confirm what i thought: my 2001 CF3 is a "newer" chassis and needs the active ABS system. I supposed that VIN # are always incremental.

The link you added is just the part i though i needed. For some reasons ePER seems to return vehicle number = 0 for all the cars after year 2000 (i tried few combinations).

I will order the one you suggested, and post the result when finished!

Thanks!
Cheers :)
You’re welcome... glad I could help. It’s normally me asking for assistance. This might help if you haven’t done a rear wheel bearing before;

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-andamp-916-spider/1186557-how-to-change-a-rear-wheel-bearing.html

You get AROC discount from Alfashop too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked with the ePER version I have and it returned that your car is produced February 6th 2001.
The wheel bearing has p/n 60656090.
When I changed the bearing on my Spider I ordered a SKF hub from AutoDoc in Germany.

https://www.autodoc.fi/skf/1362702
Hi Henrik_45,

thanks for checking! it must be an issue of the online version of ePER then.

And thanks for the link! This is much cheaper than anythin gi found so far.

Cheers!
Alessio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts