Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did my cam belt and water pump today all went well but I've lost a small amount of steering fluid, I wanted to pop down halfords and get some. However reading some of the threads on here what would you recommend I get or should I get recommended Make.

Alfa Romeo Power steering oil

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
It all depends on if you have the red or green fluid in your car, most of the earlier cars were filled with the older red fluid from new and then the later cars, not sure when the change over was were filled with the newer, thinner green fluid.
Changing from the red to green can often cause problems with leaking steering rack seals so best to stick with what you've got and top up with like for like. the red is Dextron 3 spec, the green is Tutela GI/R.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John,

Its the green stuff Would I get some to top it up from Halfords

Rich

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Apparently there are a few alternatives to the Tutela GI/R, Febi chf and also Triple qx from euro car parts do a chf but I dont know if they are an exact match so you would need to look into it further before using them.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John,

I reckon I will top it up tomorrow then order some Tutela and replace it all with that.

Thanks for your help,

Rich

·
Registered
896 Posts
As long as its above the the entry and exit holes in the reservoir don't, worry about topping it up. If it,s not for thy
Leave alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts