Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE PROBLEM STARTED EARLIER IN THE YEAR. THE MANAGEMENT WARNING LIGHT WOULD SUDDENLY COME ON AND I WOULD LOOSE POWER. THE CAR DID NOT BREAK DOWN, BUT WOULD BARELY GO, EVEN WITH MY FOOT ON THE FLOOR. THE POWER WOULD RETURN, NORMALLY FAIRLY QUICKLY BUT THE LIGHT WOULD STAY ON SOMETIME FOR A DAY. THIS HAPPENED ABOUT ONCE A WEEK. ALFA WERE UNABLE TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM, WITHOUT THE WARNING LIGHT BEING ON. ONE DAY I WAS ABLE TO GET IT TO ALFA WITH THE LIGHT ON, MAKING SURE I DIDN'T TURN THE ENGINE OFF. :cry: THE PROBLEM WAS DIAGNOSED AS A FAULTY VALVE OVERBOOST, WHICH WAS REPLACED. HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN ABOUT A MONTH AGO. ALFA TELL ME IT NEEDS A NEW TURBO. I TOOK IT TO A FRIENDS INDEPENDANT GARAGE AND THEY SMOKED THE PIPES FOR LEAKS, NONE WERE FOUND. THEY ALSO SAID THERE WAS NO PLAY IN THE TURBO. THEY SAID THAT THE TURBO SHOULD EITHER WORK OR NOT, BUT NOT INTERMITTENT. I DON'T WANT TO REPLACE THE TURBO, IF THAT IS NOT CAUSING THE PROBLEM. HAS ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS SORT OF PROBLEM OR CAN HELP ME?

THANKS

1 - 1 of 1 Posts