Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

New guy here and you might be disappointed that I don't actually own an Alfa. True, I don't. However I do own a set of gauges freshly scavenged from a local parts yard. I have never seen an Alfa Romeo Spider in a junkyard in Oregon, and certainly not one that just arrived.

The keys were still in the ignition and the California license plates were still on it!! It is a 1977 Spider, most the interior is gone already and the engine is spread from where it should be to the trunk, obviously the reason for it's untimely trip to the crusher.

To get to the meat of my question:
I plucked the speedo/tach and water temp, oil pressure and fuel gauges and they are all in stunning condition. The price was very reasonable.

For the three smaller gauges can anyone tell me what signal range they receive from the sending units. For instance I know my american fuel gauge reads a range of 0-90 Ohm's.

Is the tach really mechanical? Spinning from a cable connected to the crank or flywheel?

Finally, what are these parts worth? If I cannot adapt them to fit my needs I'd like to pass them on to someone who could use them.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been doing some reading on the subject and seems that the mechanical tach was only used in the spiders up until 77, is this true?

Also, are gauges used throughout the model lineup for a period of years or are they model specific?

thanks, again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump - I'd like to either learn how I can use these in a project or pass them on.

Any help is appreciated!

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the outpouring of knowledge...

I'll try to find the appropriate section of the forum myself I guess...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
thanks for the outpouring of knowledge...

I'll try to find the appropriate section of the forum myself I guess...
Tech stuff wil get missed in here. Head over to the classic Alfa lounge & you'll get all the help you need. AlfaBB is also a great NA based forum for Alfa's:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts