Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I had some fault codes come up a few weeks back due to installing EQ length pipes, and not swapping over the lambdas - I cleared them... but had MCSF come back on again today after maybe 800 miles (thought I had it sussed out). Is it just the lambdas still playing up, or has something else gone wrong co-incidentally?

This was what fiatecuscan showed, it was clear a few weeks back, but it seems that it's bringing up some old codes, just to try and confuse me a bit more? The key one is interesting, as my remote locking doesn't work, and after ordering my code card from Alfa, had the wrong code and someone suspects ecu/body computer been changed at some point? This seems to back up that assertion?

Please click here to view screenshot of error codes

The 1153 and 1133 were the ones that came up before, because I forgot to swap over the lambdas after fitting the EQ's.. the P0159 seems a new one

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Well you have answered your own problem mate. Same faults I had when I fitted the pipes and forgot to swap teh lambdas. Leaving them as you are basically the engine gets confused as it tries to correct 1 bank but the results go to the other through the lambdas in the cat and so it tries to correct the other bank but that goes back to the first. It progressivly reads worse and worse as it compensates the mixture and then hey ho the lights comes on as it reaches the edge of it's range. That is why one is high and one is low :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice... good info.. but what about the first lambda error? That's a new one for me ..

Is it symptom of a leak or a faulty sensor do you think? Or is it just still just part of the non-swapped lambdas issue? Just I've not seen that one mentioned before when talking bout the EQ pipes.

Thing is, I swapped the lambdas over... but under the bonnet in the little junction box, rather than under the car. Thought it would have the same effect.. but it seems not if they have come back again? Don't tell me I need to get back under the thing? :(

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
hmmm. That is what you do. Mine are swapped in the juction box as well. The one on the back of the inlet plenum yes? One is grey and one is black if I remember and they don't fit. you need to break the tab off. I believe the lambda from the front pipe also goes to that box so have you perhaps got it mixed up with that one. this is all off the top of my head remember and it's been a few months :lol: I think the other one will go away once you get it organised the right way

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm..maybe I've got them wired up wrong then... that would make sense... and why I'm getting 0mpg too :) I didn't have to break anything, so.. sounds like I've not done it the same as you.

I'll take a photo of it a bit later, and hopefully you wise heads can tell me where I've gone wrong? More than likely I've swapped the wrong ones about. I wonder what I've done? Gotta love the GTA, inspires even the most non-technically minded to have a fiddle

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The picture looks right for the pipes mate. You sure you haven't swapped them round at the top and at the bottom as well so now they are the wrong way round. Try putting them back to original first and see if the error comes up again

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is Wierd, but I just swapped them over.. I think when i did it the first time I just reconnected them as they were before by mistake.. they're def swapped now, took for a spin, and it runs noticably smoother.. happy times

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Well see how it goes. Might need to trace them if it does it again then :(

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Here we go - What do you make of it Joss? After looking at them again, I'm questioning which ones I even swapped over.. it was dark though, with my phone light.. not ideal.

Can anyone work out if this is / where it is wrong? Not the best photos..

http://www.vitaloximeters.com/IMAG0179.jpg
http://www.vitaloximeters.com/IMAG0180.jpg
http://www.vitaloximeters.com/IMAG0181.jpg
http://www.vitaloximeters.com/IMAG0182.jpg
http://www.vitaloximeters.com/IMAG0183.jpg
Hi,

on all your pictures they are not swapped. They are OEM connected, black on black and grey on grey. With EQ pipes that cross you should have them connected mixing colors - grey on black and black on grey.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Gotcha. You're a legend. Every time I have a problem a post by you comes to the rescue :) Thanks for the time and effort you've put into guides and all the resources here for noobs like me - I used your xenon guide to take my bumper off (scary for me) and it was actually not that bad to do! Quite rewarding to fix the xenons as a beginner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts