Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title reads I need help upgrading my front discs. I was thinking about keeping the same diameter and changing the type. Could anybody tell me whats better (grooved, drilled or slotted) for fast road use? I only have around 200€ to spend, keep that in mind please, lol. I live in Spain (I wish I was in England, all this is so easy, cheap and fast there) so I would need a dealer who sells or sends things here. Any help will be very apreciated. Keep enjoying your Alfas and hope to meet you sometime!!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
In my opinion you are better to spend the money on a good set of pads - they make 80% of the ability of the brakes.

Fit Ferodo DS2500 or Performance Friction pads with good Dot 4 brake fluid and you can use standard brake discs. Uprated discs dont make a huge difference on a road car but drilled / grooved discs do look good

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, thats a great and cheaper solution. I´ll take the brembos and get new pads and hoses, fresh start.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I'd buy the best standard discs you can afford, GTV and GTA 305mm discs are the same so might make it a bit easier to locate some good discs locally. Auto Lusso in the UK sell Performance Friction pads, member on here Pud237 works there so you could PM him for prices.

Are there many V6 GTV's there? My parents live in Javea and I didnt see too many GTV's when I was last there

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not at all, thats another reason why I bought it. Alfa has bad reputation and not many fans here in Spain, and the ones with big engines even less, just think that 70% of new cars sold here are diesel! Anyway, that has pros and cons like everything, Alfas are cheaper but fewer, same as parts for them. Which brand is better for standard discs? Brembo, EBC...? Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Know know anything about those discs

You can also look for standard GTA Brembo discs on ebay

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats exactly what im doing now!! After everything im gonna end up with standard discs, i never thought this could be so difficult, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts