Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi...my Alternator is not out putting...so will have to get a new one...can some one tell me how easy it may be to change it my self (not to bad at thse things).

thanks rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not sure about getting them off, though I don't think they should be hard to remove, I'm sure someone on here will help, but as for a new one, could save a load of cash and get it reconditioned. They are usually on an exchange basis, but you might have to leave yours with them and have that done.
I don't know where you are, but a know a few places in Manchester/Stockport that do them, or ask at your local motorfactors.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Had mine done a couple of months ago. Couldn't even see where the alternator was so dropped it off at the garage. Apparently is a right bast**d to do, guys had to tilt the engine to fit it as its a real squeeze. Depends on your ability but I'd recommend letting the professionals do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
its the 2.0 TS... did it this weekend was a bit of a *****...

to get it off i had to remove the first exhaust section, lower engine mount and the offside driveshaft!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well done Rajjinator! Mighty impressed, wouldn't have the skill or inclination myself, pat yourself on the back an get a few beers down yer neck.
What's next on the list?

·
Registered
174 Posts
hats off chap

I imagine that's a bugger of a job. When I replaced my engine i had to tie my alternator up at the back of the engine bay to fit the engine and then fit the alternator once the engine was in....there's not much space back there :eek:

·
Registered
192 Posts
its the 2.0 TS... did it this weekend was a bit of a *****...

to get it off i had to remove the first exhaust section, lower engine mount and the offside driveshaft!
Bit late on this Thread but I was going to say that its a git of a job. The garage where I bought my car from agreed to fit a new one, however when we arrived they said they "Couldn't find it" and just gave me a box.

We ended up dropping the gearbox mount and randomly fiddling about with it for hours to get it out. Lining up the bolts was a right ****e, as you can barely see them or get your hand in there. Unless you have a full day and a lot of patience, I really wouldn't attempt it at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts