Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been trying to replace the fuel filter and for the life of me I can't see a way to disconnect the two electrical connectors at the top. I can feel some sort of clip in each one but I can't see it.I was thinking about dettaching the housing from the bulkhead to have some more room but I am not sure...

I have had a look a the Alfa Workshop tutorial and those electrical connectors are not referred to. However, the tutorial mentions replacing a rubber seal from the bottom sensor, once you remove it from the old one. The new filter has got a small rubber seal at the bottom where the sensor will go. Do they mean that the old filter's small rubber seal will probably be stuck to the sensor and will need removing prior to refitting?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Filter replacing is ez to do, but also is ez to broke that top connectors.
First remove filter housing along with filter it's self.
Then turn upside down so you can remove connectors safe

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I can feel some sort of clip in each one but I can't see it.
They're not the same type of clip - one needs squeazing, one needs lifting... Can never remember which is which until it's in front of me. You can remove the filter bracket from the firewall to give you a little more space to inspect, just 2x13mm nuts holding it on the studs. Careful of the sensor on the bottom of the filter (if you have one), if you tug too hard you can break it. That connector is held on with a wire clip, easy to remove with a pocket screwdriver.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're not the same type of clip - one needs squeazing, one needs lifting... Can never remember which is which until it's in front of me. You can remove the filter bracket from the firewall to give you a little more space to inspect, just 2x13mm nuts holding it on the studs. Careful of the sensor on the bottom of the filter (if you have one), if you tug too hard you can break it. That connector is held on with a wire clip, easy to remove with a pocket screwdriver.
20200626_091927.jpg

Thanks for the info; I have done it now. I wasn't sure if the cables were long enough, that is why I was hesitating. But once I detached the filter bracket from the bulkhead and pulled the whole thing up, I could undo all the connectors very easily.
I also made sure that I removed the old rubber seal from the bottom sensor and replaced it. I gave everything a good clean and I think I am all good. There doesn't seem to be any leak anywhere (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filter replacing is ez to do, but also is ez to broke that top connectors.
First remove filter housing along with filter it's self.
Then turn upside down so you can remove connectors safe
Thanks for the tip. (y) That is exactly what I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts