Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first post on here. I've has my giulietta for 2 years now. It's done 48k and the problem has popped up.

Basically the car is warmed up to 90, doing about 30-40 mph in 3rd or going upto 4th gear. Once warmed up it does a jerk so I have to accelerate more to keep steady for a second then disappears as continue driving. Any help would be great. Could it be the diesel filter or air in take ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
neither, I'd think... if diesel filter, you couldn't accellerate. check what the turbo pressure reading is next time (dynamic mode allows a turbo pressure gauge).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The turbo reading is the same as before but still jerks when in any of the dna modes. Like it wants to pull away but suddenly at that consistent speed just randomly don't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the infos. I'm going to try the forte solution 1st. If no difference il try looking at the egr. If I was to not do it myself as I'm not that much of a mechanic. Roughly anyone got an idea of how much it would cost at a garage to clean up egr.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the same problem with my 1.6 Veloce. It is really strange, only seems to do it around 30-40mph / steady speed. I thought I had initially solved it by using BP Ultimate Fuel, the problem went away for about a year. Then recently the problem came back again. Had a major service in December with Cambelt & Waterpump with all filters changed. Checked with leaks with the EGR and nothing!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard, I dI'd the same with the servicing and it went away for a long time. Used ultimate bp as well and it's come back. With the servicing, they did the dpf as extra and I think that might be the cause of the problem or air filter. I'm going to try the other thing first before doing major costs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats interesting, I don't think the DPF has ever been cleaned on mine as far as I know but the air filter definitely has been & its a similar mileage to yours. Just ordered the Diesel cleaner as suggested by Argo, so going to give that a try before any major costs!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm going on holiday on Monday, going to try the cleaner when I get back, I will let you know how I get on. Also giving the car a good long drive this weekend so hoping this might give the DPF time regenerate!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yh I've not had any luck so far. Definitely taking it in the garage next week. Have you lot had a chance ? I've done the dpf reg, used the cleaners. No luck yet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts