Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1999, 166 has developed a water problem. Whenever it rains i notice that the carpet under the drivers feet (left side) gets somewhat wet and the carpet under the rear passenger feet (left side) gets soaking wet. I only started to notice this problem last winter but this winter with all the rain that we have been getting in sweden its become a major problem. Where could this water be coming from? I dont notice anything around the doors and the underside was treated in 2003 so i dont think the water is coming up from under the car, but i cant be sure. So please HELP me and give me your ideas and thoughts as to where i should start looking to find where the water is coming from and how i can fix the problem. THANKS ALL.:confused:

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,166 Posts
This is where the water was getting in my car, the rubber boot for the rear brake cable was not fitted correctly. I put them back in and sealed them. You can see where the water had been collecting where the red paint has gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Vazzy,
Has the car been parked on a slope,hill or ski slope ?
if so pointing up or down.
Jist a hunch.

Because according to previous keeper..not aproblem...trader in between time mega problem...now me despite damp cold weather..after a wet hoover out...it is drying out.

HTH

See here too...my grommets were fine

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/143010-leak-any-clues.html

Pomeo

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pomeo, no the car is parked on a level parking lot. And thanks to you to Paul for your ideas and fotos. Back in june of 2009 i had my car into a local garage to have some work done on the handbrake. I think they replaced the handbreak wire and the wire housing under the car. I dont remember any water problem before i had this work done. But as i said the water problem is only on the left side of the car. I will check to see if the drain holes at the base of the windshield are pluged up, if i can find them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts