Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got a gt with the blaupunkt 937 and want my iPhone attached.

I've ordered this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLAUPUNKT-RADIO-AUX-AUDIO-INPUT-CABLE-IPOD-IPHONE-/280609374367?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item41559f409f

Now I just need some help understanding how to fit it.

Apparently I need to connect two pins together at the back of the stereo unit itself?
But this cancels out the single cd player? I can make a switch to change over from iPhone to cd player?

If someone doesn't mind explaining how to set this up and HOW to set up the switch I'll be grateful.
(diagrams will be much appreciated!)

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Assuming it works (it doesn't always, depending on the firmware version of the radio ), you need to connect pins C13 and C15 together in the blue connector (data-in to data-out) :
.:12vhifi.nl:. alles over Car Audio & Techniek

if you put an on/off switch in this connection between C13 and C15, you can either make this connection > enable the AUX, or break the connection > old situation with AUX disabled

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm I think I understand, cheers buddy, I'll give this a crack as soon as the part is delivered. Thanks again for your time

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't work :(

There is no AUX under source and when I click to CD it says "NO CD"
Does that mean mine is too "updated" to work?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts

Probably :(
Unfortunately, it's a bit hit or miss... There's no way to know beforehand whether this solution will work or not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn. Really wanted to keep the stock HU as I think it looks subtle and suits the interior (obviously as it's matched lol).

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Damn. Really wanted to keep the stock HU as I think it looks subtle and suits the interior (obviously as it's matched lol).
There are of course a couple of CD-changer emulators that plug into the cd-changer port and will create an aux-in and give the option to play MP3 via sd-card etc, under control of the HU....

example:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/USB-SD-MP3-Wechsler-CD-AUX-Adapter-Alfa-Romeo-147-156-/110642816998?pt=CE_Auto_Hi_Fi_Autoradios&hash=item19c2d367e6

http://yatour226.soocuu.com/Fiat_8pin_Digital_CD_changer_car_mp3_interface_Yatour/pd_1_14652.htm

Couple of people in the 147 club in the Netherlands have bought & installed this, and works perfectly. Relatively cheap solution.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, I'm very impressed! That's brilliant!!

Do you know if it will be the same case for the GT?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Wow, I'm very impressed! That's brilliant!!

Do you know if it will be the same case for the GT?
Yep, it's the same. The Alfa radio's used in the gt are the same as in the 147...
(rebranded Blaupunkt)

from the site:
Alfa Romeo Series:
2000 - 2011 Alfa 147
1997 - 2011 Alfa 156
2006 - 2011 Alfa 159
1999 - 2005 Alfa 166
2006 - 2011 Alfa Brera
2004 - 2011 Alfa GT
1996 - 2011 Alfa Spider
note 1: *Only for radio systems with 8-pins changer connection
Blaupunkt / Navigation Systems

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lovely! I'll be ordering one of those asap. Thanks for the help, was worried I'd have to put up with the FM transmitter which wasn't very good quality. Again - thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts

Did the same for me at first. You need to power off the unit - press and hold the on off. Then as you power up you need to quickly press the aux button so it switches to changer. Trial and error but when you've managed it once, then you can use the aux as a switch. Now the only problem left for me is where to draw the power from.

Is 16 the permanent live and 18 ground.
Or 10/12?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Permanent live is the terminal marked UB+ (depending upon what schematic you look at, it can be labelled C14 or C15, but that terminal is strictly speaker C15).

Ground is the terminal between DATA-IN and AF-R, with the 'ground' icon (C17, or sometime incorrectly labelled as C18).

The link provided by jwq in post #2 above has an accurate schematic diagram; but the written labelling is incorrect!

:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, I had no luck installing it.

Did the correct procedures described above, including strong bridge connection for the data in and out. Still couldn't get it to go to CHANGER or AUX. :(

Also tried to turn the radio off and on while quickly switching to CHANGER/AUX with no luck!

I just think my hu may be a newer version that doesn't work. Ordered the CD changer emulator and hopefully that will work.

In the mean time ive got an FM frequency dongle thing which is working although not best of quality. It works good in the low FM range (88.3 seems to be clearest) and I CAN if I want connect the actual FM dongle to a little cable to charge the iPhone off the cigarette lighter slot.
Link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=260931282057

Would have preferred what Shaun47 has managed to do but no luck. Looks nice and clean, plus cheap to do!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts