Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a '99 156 1.8TS, and yesterday the throttle cable snapped as I was pulling away from a zebra crossing. I managed to crawl to the in-laws' using the clutch, and then had it Green Flagged to a local garage. They said it should be a simple job, but have called back this morning to tell me that none of their parts dealers have a cable in stock. Worse, our local main dealer tells them that it has been deleted from their books :S

I've had a look on eBay and some local parts shops, and have found nothing. Can anybody suggest any other sites that might still have this (apparently rare) part in stock?

Many, many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've followed up several leads, but no luck. I tried to call Speedy Cables but they were closed.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the cable from a 1.6 or a 2.0 would fit, or one from a GT?

G

·
0 Posts
If any of these have a cable then the answer is probably yes the distance and rout from the pedal to the throttle body should be approximately the same.
Alternatively try bicycle cable supplier think you can buy it in lengths you can cut to size then you will just have to make up the ends ? :thumbs:
You may also be able to use a bonnet cable made to fit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success! I found out about RGWM the Parts Wizard, and he had a single one in stock \o/

Thanks for your help everyone, I've found more help in one day here than I did in a year of owning a Mondeo ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
On ePer there is one p/n for 1.8 and 2.0 but a different one for the 1.6; that suggests you should be OK with a cable from a 2.0; p/n is 60622696. This applies to CF2 models; CF3 was electronic throttle. It looks as if the same cable was used on the 1.8 and 2.0TS GTV so that may increase your options at the scrappers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts