Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Help stuck in car park code light

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hobson284 
#1 ·
Is there any way of bypassing the key code light? It won't go out and I'm stuck in a car park. TIA.

#6 ·
Right, I disconnected the battery for an hour and a half, reconnected and it went through code on and off and started as normal, so drove it straight home. Turned it off, left a minute then tried to start again only for the code light to stay on again. So where to start now? [emoji2369] At least she's home. Thanks everybody for the help thus far.

#8 ·
Ariel to codebox plug would be the first port of call for me - unplug here, make sure the connections are good, bit of contact cleaner.

One thing to bear in mind, did you notice at the same time as the code light coming on, was your engine light coming on also (injector symbol if CF1/CF2)? Quite often people don't notice this, but the engine light should come on with ignition on. If you have a dicky relay for ECU power then the engine light won't come on as ECU has no power, but the code light will come on and stay on as its unable to go through the code procedure. This is a detail people often miss and then they go chasing after key/ariel/codebox issues when actually it is an ECU power issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.