Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my bulbs over to Nightbreakers the other day. Brilliiant . Got the bulbs seated no problem. Double brilliant :thumbs::thumbs:. Improved light. Triple brilliant :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:.
Tonight on way home, noticed nearside light pointing to the ground, both on main and high beam. Chite :rant:. Bulb seated perfectly. Double Chite :rant::rant:. Changed bulb as suspected dodgy filament - no difference. Triple chite :rant::rant::rant:.
However, upon closer inspection the adjuster motor is running constantly, so it would appear that it has either a- wound all the way down and beyond tolerance, so can't get back up. Or b- something has come adrift anf the motor is trying to fight a losing battle to bring the light unit back up.
Anyone had anything similar and what to do to sort it??

·
Registered
948 Posts
Try unplugging the motor and adjusting the lamp manually; if this doesn't work then I would suspect something's happened inside the lamp. Could be that the reflector has simply become disconnected from the motor (has a kind of "ball and socket" arrangement).

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried to look at doing that but it was dark, so no joy. Where is the connector to the motor? Don't want to have it running constantly in case it burns out. No wobbles from the reflector assembly so don't think it has become disconnected (had that happen on another car once . . .). Strange happenings indeed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is a link to a repair for this on here somewhere. The same happened to my 147. The adjuster goes off the end of the drive, and so the sensor thinks it need adjusting. It will need to be removed to do it. Took me about an hour. You need to carefully remove the drive unit. There is a very awkward screw at the bottom that i used astubby screwdriver on.

Then you need to strip the drive motor.

Ah, here you go. :)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...eadlamp-adjuster-when-just-keeps-buzzing.html

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHA!!! sounds just the very thing. Ah one of those Alfa 'niggles' then. PITA though. Never thought for a mo the solution would exist though. Incredible, must learn to use 'search' better and more often

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right - the motor itself is goosed as it runs contantly. Does anyone have a motor assembly kicking around that they could sell me??

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I have got one I got from autolusso but am hoping to get new light units soon so you could have that one if you fancy. Just drop me a PM:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts