Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

Driving home tonight found the car to feel very gutless in the midrange under load so lifted the bonnet once home to find this.

I'm going on the EVO Triangle run at the weekend and need to get this sorted ASAP so was wondering about my options and would like to know if it would be safe to blather the crack with bathroom silicon sealant?

Cheers

Sean

G

·
a branded duct/duck tape should sort it for a good while, plumbers merchant or similar usually sell the best brands, but probably 3-5 quid a roll, but once you've got it you'll be amazed what else it will hold!

convaluted hoses are stupidly expensive to replace for all manufacturers, so even at a fiver it should be an adequate and good value repair.

i have a 3.0td hilux surf with a similar repair to the same part, been on there 2 years now!!!!

shouldn't really admit to things like that but there you go! ha ha!

shrew

·
Premium Member
8,314 Posts
Had the same happen to mine some time ago.... Just fitted a new one, they're not that expensive. Only thing is that Alfa only suplies them as a set, i.e. with the plastic tube...

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so consensus is it'll be fine if I tape it up for a blat round the EVO Triangle and North Wales then buy a new one later on... not quite in a coupla years though :lol:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
You know what they say.... If it moves and it shouldnt you'll need duct tape, if it doesnt move and it should you'll need WD-40 :lol: look forward to seeing the 'repair' quality on sunday :thumbs:

G

·
As suggested Ghosty, a good quality tape is the way to go.

Is your car just constantly angry with you or something??:lol:

G

·
I presume you don't have any extra form of induction, ie turbo or supercharger? I which case this will make very little difference to your enjoyment of your mahoosive engine? I wil just mean a little bit of unfiltered air entering your engine. Whatever you do, do not use bathroom sealant!! I once helped a woman at the side of the road whose numpty husband had tried to repair the radiator with silicon sealant and she got ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! 2 miles down the road! If it don't fix it, it will, **** it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
So,

Driving home tonight found the car to feel very gutless in the midrange under load so lifted the bonnet once home to find this.

I'm going on the EVO Triangle run at the weekend and need to get this sorted ASAP so was wondering about my options and would like to know if it would be safe to blather the crack with bathroom silicon sealant?

Cheers

Sean
Used super glue on my 2.5 recently, splits worse than yours, still working.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I noticed mine ripped ages ago, finally got round to fixing it about 4 weeks ago and I never noticed any difference to power delivery after fixing. Hope you don't have another issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts