Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help please? The hook/claw that fits into the windscreen housing has sheared off and I'm told that this is NOT a spare part available!! WHAT??!! The cost to repair would be just shy of £2k for a new roof PLUS fitting (faint faint!):wow: Anyone got ANY ideas of where I might pick one up PLEASE?:cry: Anyone else had this prob?
All replies greatly received-Jill :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
can you post a photo to show exactly which part you mean? Is it a 916 spider you are talking about? Electric roof or manual roof?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had the same problem, except my hook/claw dropped off never to be seen again. The first agent I phoned told me the same 'rubbish', as in it's not available as a spare and I have to buy a whole new roof!!!

I tried a couple of dealers and eventually found one that could trace the hook/claw as a spare part. Apparently most dealers have never stocked it and are unaware that it is a spare part. I suggest phoning around until you find an agent that knows what they are talking about. According to Alffisimo in Boksburg (Just outside Johannesburg) the claw comes as a complete unit as in, the handle one would pull to release the hook, the block the hook attaches to and the hook itself. Expensive but still better than buying a complete roof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts