Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as the title says my throttle cable has snapped, after reading other threads it seems the Ph 1's replacement cables need modified but hopefully ok for the Ph 2's ? ? I'm hoping to be able to fit new cable myself but was hoping for some advice on here before attempting it. I've had a look down next to pedal to see how to get to that end of cable and it looks nearly impossible to be able to get to it! any help would be great, Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought i'd update this thread. I rang lyles in newcastle and they quoted me £95 plus VAT for cable fitted but would be 2 days for cable to arrive so rang Alfa benfield in newcastle and they said they could have cable next day but would be £160 inc VAT!! When I said lyles price he said he would ring me back and when he did he said they could do it for £118 inc VAT so did that and cable arrived at 10am following morning from Italy. Excellent service and throttle even feels more responsive than before:) so if your in the newcastle area be sure to ring lyles first and get benfield to pricematch

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
a worn cable normally means it doesn't really pull the full range on the butterfly bit on the throttle. had mine done on my first v6 made the car feel like new. be aware it will catch you out for a little while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts