Alfa Romeo Forum banner

help required please......

Tags
required
787 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  moby 
G
#1 ·
evening all.........

i am picking my 147 up tomorrow from the bodyshop after its side crash damage repairs.

Anybody got any hints as to me inspecting it....anything to look out for other than standing there and looking at it?

I am gonna be a nervous man until i collect my little baby.....lets just hope they have done a good job.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Cheers

Moby

See less See more
G
#2 ·
I'm no expert at all, and I don't know what damage was sustained, but obvious things are check for colour match with adjacent panels, check for overspray on side-repeaters or black trim etc.

Also, the paint finish quality should be the same as the factory finish. Sometimes, it can be 'orange-pealy' and not as smooth as it should be.

If they've used filler, is it smooth, or are there slight ripples? If a panel has been replaced, is the new one correctly aligned? Are the gaps all the same with adjacent panels.

Looking down the side of the car from the front or back, crouch down, so your eye is at waist level and look for any uneven surfaces or dents that they may have missed.

If you look at the car and can't tell it's had any sort of repair, this is ideal. A lot depends on the colour (silver and pearlescents are very difficult to match) and the age of the car, with older cars suffering from paint fade etc.

Anyway, hope this helps. All the best !

Cheers
Nareman.

G
#3 ·
Cheers for that Sedici......there are some good points there such as the gaps of adjacent panels etc.....these need to look exactly as they were when they left the factory as you say.

Its 08:30 and i am suppose to picking it up at lunchtime so an anxious morning ahead.

thanks for the comments though....

Moby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.