Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I want to remove the model inscriptions from the back of my Alfa. Is this possible without scratching the paint ?

If anyone did it i will use some advices.

Thanx

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
aiculedtzu said:
Hi there,

I want to remove the model inscriptions from the back of my Alfa. Is this possible without scratching the paint ?

Thanx
i think they are only glued on so if they are i have heard of people using a hair drier to warm the glue up and they should come off quite easy...but if that dont work, then i dont know m8 :D

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
aiculedtzu said:
Hi there,

Thanx
also dont know why you would want to do it as it looks ok to me :p

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
aiculedtzu said:
Hi there,

Thanx
i think they are only glued on though

·
Registered
152 Posts
mr.orange said:
i think they are only glued on though
Absolutely right, warm them up with a hair dryer and pry them off with a credit card. Scratch off the residue with a finger nail making sure not to scratch the paint and treat whole car to a wax and polish!!!

No more bits of sponge caught up in letters after washing!!!!!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
warm the glue with a hair dryer.. be careful not to blow the hot air too close to the body work!! be patient ;)
use a credit card or a piece of fine string (fish cord or something) to lift the letters from the bodywork..don't use anything sharp/made of steel
apply body wax :D
done

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the advices guys !

*edit:
The main reason for removing the inscriptions is that i bought a new set of taillights and i think the back of my 147 will look nicer without the model inscriptions.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I think the rear of the car looked much better before you started messing with it. In an 'If it ain't broke don't try and fix it' type way.

The exhaust tail pipe looks mean though.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
How about with the original lights and no badges????

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, i do like the new set of taillights. I guess that's why i bought them :)

It seems to me that with the inscriptions removed and with the new taillights the car has a meaner look and i also love the contrast between Chrome/Black (like the front of the car).

G

·
Hey Aiculedtzu,

I have my badges removed too but you don't have to use a hairdryer just use your nails or something plastic with slim blunt edges to get under the letters edge then pull them off , although if you warm them up it will be easier, then use some white spirit or tar remover to take off any glue that gets left behind, wash, polish and admire !!!!!!

by the way those are some sweet rims you got there great minds think alike :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe, yes we have the same rims and in the same size :)

Also you have a great bodykit. I am thinking to buy one too, but i haven't decided yet for which one to go.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I always think debadged cars look like they've had a rear end smash and been fixed 'on the cheap'.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ALFA ROMEO badge will remain. I would never take it off !

I only want to remove the "147" and "2.0 TSpark" inscriptions from the back for the esthetic reasons mentioned in one of my previous posts.

I guess it is a matter of taste.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Fair enough. I guess I'm in the 'improve' rather than the 'change for the hell of it' corner.
You're right it is a matter of taste and opinion and eventually you will come to find that I am right and you are wrong. Obviosly. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:D gusti non si discutano

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.