Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've been meaning to remove my interior fan resistor for a while as my fans got stuck on full blast before Xmas even with the engine off.

Finally got around to doing it over Easter, managed to get it out after reading other topics on the subject. But I cannot seem to get the electrical connector out!! It moves a bit and then stops as though there is catch that's holding it in. But I cannot get it to release, no matter how I wiggle it or press on both sides.... Any pointers as to how I can get it out??

So frustrating as it's so close but now just hanging in the footwell

Many thanks

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
is this one where you put a flat blade screw driver down to release it ??? looks like it may be, There is no force with this it will release easy if its that type of conector

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the help guys! Shifted it today.... You're right Brad pitt, flat blade screwdriver down one side released the catch. Now to buy a replacement and fingers crossed the fans won't be on full blast!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
No they wont, The resister does exactly that on each of the 4 speeds they have more of the 12v fed to each turn of the knob, the full speed only is where the resister has failed and the thing is just full power all the time

good luck

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Don't throw the old one away as it might be possible to repair it.
Usually it is a pair of MOSFETs that short-circuit and as the unit is no longer produced they are getting more rare

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
The part number for the regulator is 60779301 so I don't think the one you have linked to will work.
To repair the old one you need to have some soldering skills and find a place to order the MOSFETs.

It is the two black 3-pin devices on each side of the board that normally short-circuit

Attachments

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
its not for your car. If you post a picture of the one you have and need there will be someone who can help with likely repair or replacement, Mine is the earlier one and i had a 50p resister from Maplins and it was soldered in place and 6 yrs later all working as it should

1 - 10 of 10 Posts