Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Got one of these for the offside door, arrived in a 90 degree configuration i.e. holes in same orientation (door shut?). Forced into straight line (holes now 90 degrees opposed) at which point the strap fell out from between the rollers! There is an arc cut into the strap which looks as though it ought to form a stop against something when the door is open but I can't get my head around the correct configuration. Does the "hook" on the strap fit between the two rollers because if it does then the cutout seems redundant. I know the obvious thing to do would be to look at the fitted one but I'm waiting for a new door handle spring before I tackle the doorcard.
Thanks for any help available, a photo would be nice!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that was quick. Given your location I guess I'd better add my condolences. Link worked fine, I think that the problem is that the strap isn't pushed through far enough, the pivot should be the secondary cutout and not the "hook". I never was any good at the Christmas cracker wire puzzles!

·
Registered
257 Posts
it's better that it is in that position, as the door will be fully open - that way you will have max room to work in when fitting it, rather than the half open position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts