Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hello. :)

Ive got a alfa 147 JTD 16v. (02)

The issue is the clutch biting point is pretty much on the floor, is this likely to be needing a new clutch or something more..? its only become like this recently and has been off the road since although you can still physically drive it i just dont want to cause any unnecessary issue if it has worn.

From what i have read the more wear it has the higher the bite point becomes, is this correct in all cases?

I dont mind replacing the clutch but i dont want to spend all the time doing it for it to turn out to be something else so just looking for any help advise really as other may have had the same issue.

Thanks in advance :thumbs:
Stu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive bleed the clutch today and there`s no change, the pedal feels soft for the first half then stiff,
the actuator seems to be traveling the correct amount but i am unable to select any gear with the engine running.
i am now thinking the folk that moves the release bearing has bent? its literally like your trying to select a gear with out pressing the clutch.

I know ill have to take the box off regardless at this rate but, curious to see if anyone else has had similar issues or could think of a cause.

Cheers Stu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts