Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was driving back home and the Selespeed system failure warning light came up about 5 mins later I got stuck in heavy traffic and I stopped and it selected N on its own and I couldn't get it into any gear turned on and off still nothing! Had to push it out of the road and towed it home that eve. Very annoying as only 3 months ago I had to pay just over £700 to have a new clutch!! This morning the pump is not priming when I open the drivers door nor when I put the key in ect…… I have tried swapping the relays/fuses still nothing is it time to change the pump?
It's a 147 2006 plate!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds like the pump as you don't hear the priming and have checked fuses / relays.

Good news is that it's an easy job if your handy with the spanners - think timings about 90 minutes total and parts wise - Pump, new relay and CS Speed to top her back up should give change from £250, if you have to pay garage labour and parts i'm not sure what they want.

Of course you should get it properly diagnosed via alfadiag, multiscan or one of the others to be sure if you can. If you want a pump i'd recommend shop4parts (last check they were around £200 for the pump) as some of the other prices out there can be scary.

Good luck with getting her fixed and back on the road soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Anthony.
My brother ran multiecuscan and got these errors any help would be great fully received as this is my first alfa!

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those readings would denote a pump needing replacing - do you have the pressure and timing figures as well?

Often a couple of taps on the pump can get it working again for a short period - Do you know it's location? it's just held in place with a couple of screws and the fluid lines once you get to it, just remember to remove the relay before the change and ideally replace when changed over and topping up.
Check clutch rod length to be on the safe side and recalibrate when all done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts