Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today I replaced my radiator, all went well until I tried to start the car!?! Tries but no firing and throws up p0230, fuel circuit failure or something like that. Any ideas at all?

Already tested and changed fuel pump relay, there is a vac unit on the top of the rad I removed that too (put it back in obviously) but could this affect the fuel system???

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also the resistors/thermistors??? In the top and bottom of the fan unit One of them was goosed could this have an affect???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Also the resistors/thermistors??? In the top and bottom of the fan unit One of them was goosed could this have an affect???
Na mine was ok when one of them was shot, I think the only thing you may have moved is the relays by the battery, cant think what else it could be..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thoughts were the relays, I tested them all and they worked fine. I didn't think the resistor would be the problem but thought I'd mention the findings!

If the fuel is low would the pump still prime etc? I've read they run for 2 seconds if there's no feedback then it cuts off is this correct? Just thinking basic "cheap" (well not the fuel) things first

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked the switches on the fuel filter and all seems fine there. Took the fuel line in to the filter and no,fuel there so it's either lack of fuel which I noticed this morning being low or the pump which would be a nightmare so hopefully it's just a schoolboy error of no fuel

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok all fueled up and still no joy! ;( what is the unit that sits on top of the radiator? It has vac pipes on it, I assume its to control the actuator but I dunno. Also would this if it was faulty cause the p0230 fuel circuit error?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the turbo boost valve on the top of the rad. Still the question remains should this cause the p0230 error???

M

·
0 Posts
Like I said it's vgt solenoid.... for variable geometry turbo...

I'd say 1st check wires above fuel tank with volt meter to see if electric getting to pump the error will be sensor picking up no fuel pressure.

If no voltage there check wires coming from relay if they turn on then either trace fault in wire or replace wires :)

G

·
0 Posts
Did you disturb the wiring under the main connector box in front of the fuse box when you removed the rad fan .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said it's vgt solenoid.... for variable geometry turbo...

I'd say 1st check wires above fuel tank with volt meter to see if electric getting to pump the error will be sensor picking up no fuel pressure.

If no voltage there check wires coming from relay if they turn on then either trace fault in wire or replace wires :)
Hello, checked voltage and all is ok, apart from my battery dying from cranking to check pump and relays :s

Did you disturb the wiring under the main connector box in front of the fuse box when you removed the rad fan .
Everything is pumping and clicking also did a minivac check just to be sure too the only thing that I can think is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-FIAT-BRAVO-PUNTO-DOBLO-1-9-1-3-DIESEL-GENUINE-BOOST-EGR-CONTROL-VALVE-/290940415565?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43bd666e4d

S

·
0 Posts
So, you have voltage to the fuel pump, but no fuel coming from the fuel lines at the engine?

I'm guessing, but is there any chance you have crushed a fuel supply hose somewhere along the line?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, you have voltage to the fuel pump, but no fuel coming from the fuel lines at the engine?

I'm guessing, but is there any chance you have crushed a fuel supply hose somewhere along the line?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have fuel at injector, t think it may be the control unit on the top of the rad as that's the only other electrical part that may cause the p0230 fault as the fans have their seperate code. I was wondering if there's a way of testing it maybe using a midivac or something??? :s

M

·
0 Posts
The unit on rad is vgt solenoid and has nothing to do with fuel or fuel circuit.

Take a pic of it if you want to be sure but am 99.9 that's what your talking about. If your getting fuel at injector (then earlier when you said no fuel I take it you were mistaken?).

So the only guess at seeing a fuel circuit error when fuel circuit is working would be one of fuel pressure sensors.

Have you got an elm or other obd cable??? If yes then I'd say look at all parameters in multiecuscan for fuel pressure in live view and see if your getting expected, low or zero reading

1 - 18 of 18 Posts