Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my GTA when idling runs irregular like its missing but it doesn't happen all the time , It is also seeming to use a lot of fuel the computer says I'm averaging just under 15 miles to the gallon and it doesn't seem to matter how I drive . I have changed the maf and air filter but has made no difference , I have ordered a cable to plug the car to my laptop to see if I can find the problem. Can anyone think what could be wrong ?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Heavy right foot = low MPG. The GTA's are shocking around town. I get 15MPG too in Edinburgh.

Motorways are where they get a decent mpg.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heavy right foot = low MPG. The GTA's are shocking around town. I get 15MPG too in Edinburgh.

Motorways are where they get a decent mpg.[/QUOTE

I've been driving sensibly most of the time and still no difference I got at least 20 mpg in my other gta and that was around town and dual carriage way the same as what I do in this one and I used drive fast in the other one frequently...

·
Banned
2,925 Posts
Hi all, mine was doing this a while ago sounded really rough. Garage put it on the computer and didn't bring up any fault codes and everything was fine. We just put it down to bad fuel or dirt from the tank as it ran quite low a couple of days before. All is fine now :thumbs: i'm getting a average mpg of around 15-16mpg on my computer as well thought that was just normal:confused: Did a good run over xmas on the motorway and got about 350miles out of a tank of juice, cruising at 80mph aswell quite chuffed with that:lol:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Yes around town these are shockingly bad, I get around 16-17 around town when I used her daily over crimbo, I seemed to be at my fuel station every couple of days :lol:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ours dropped a couple of coil packs, but flagged a warning first though: ran as rough as a badgers ---- until they were swapped, might be one's dieing, maybe? Was better under load, just coughed & spluttered at idle, from what I recall.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think u might be experiencing the trip computer issue rather than actual problem with fuel? I.e. if smithy is getting 350 to a tank that that is great.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think u might be experiencing the trip computer issue rather than actual problem with fuel? I.e. if smithy is getting 350 to a tank that that is great.
Maybe how accurate is the mpg calculator ? , I thought it might be linked with the rough idle like a lambda sensor ?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Bit of both, including driving into town in rush hour once or twice a week. Never seen much less than 25mpg average tbh, even stuck in Paris traffic

C

·
0 Posts
As its misfiring you may wish to check the following;

The connections to the coil packs
Spark plugs - condition, when were they changed?
The condition of the earthing points on the engine

In addition, there is evidence to suggest that the heat from the cats can cause problems with the engine's wiring loom. Coil packs themselves can break down too.

Low mpg can be caused by duff lambda sensors too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts