Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting on well with our wedding plans but we are having a bit of a problem with the menu for the sit down reception.

we are catering for around 100 people and we will be having a set menu. We feel that chicken is the way to go as it is the most likley meat to be ok with most people and the older children should be ok with it ( youngder children will have something else)

Unfortunatly My Father inl aw cannot get to grips wth our reasoning and is sulking because he thinks we should have lamb or beef.

what do you think?

we will be having a tasting session on monday at the hotel and we are looking for a few good chicken recipes to suggest to them , and hopfully apease my father in law

help please

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I know what’s more important than the catering menu ! Have you sorted the CAKE out yet :D

I don’t see what’s wrong with chicken , tho it is always hard to please everyone :cry:

Also maybe find out if you are having any veggies as they might be a bit upset if you forget them :p

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what’s more important than the catering menu ! Have you sorted the CAKE out yet :D

I don’t see what’s wrong with chicken , tho it is always hard to please everyone :cry:

Also maybe find out if you are having any veggies as they might be a bit upset if you forget them :p
Thanks KT we also reckon chicken. but we will also have a veggi option. will save you some cake:lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Maybe he's thinking chicken doesn't seem expensive enough?

Add caviar or fois gras to the menu! :thumbs: :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that guys

anyone got any good chicken recipes?

·
0 Posts
Chicken madras with popadums & chutney on the side :lol:

or

Oven baked supreme of chicken,

with an asparagus, white wine and cream sauce,

sprinkled with fresh chives served with a selection of

roast and new potatoes and fresh seasonal vegetables

:D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oven baked supreme of chicken,

with an asparagus, white wine and cream sauce,

sprinkled with fresh chives served with a selection of

roast and new potatoes and fresh seasonal vegetables

:D
quite like that idea:D

chicken in white wine sauce :)

Nom nom nom nom :D
its a possibillity KT, should go well with fruit cake :lol:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Tongue FIRMLY in cheek post

You could always tell him that since you are the one who is now controlling the family and he will do as you say. You've taken his daughter away from him, the menu choices are yours and in time you'll have his house, car and golf club membership. AND if he wants to see any grandkids, he'd better toe the line!

Alternatively, Chicken all round and one beef dish for him.:)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Whatever you do try to go with a non splashy food as gravy specks never look good down the front of a wedding dress.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts