Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked everywhere and I cant seem to find exhausts that say that fit my 0.9 mito twin air can someone PLEASE explain me why this is ?? is there any converter or part that i can buy to fit the other models ? I'm only trying to make it look better and if possible sound better but I mainly don't like the factory looking exhaust...

Thx in advance

·
Registered
950 Posts
I also have looked at sourcing a replacement exhaust and whilst I found the original parts they were really expensive (around £350 for the mid box and rear each!)
When the time comes, I will most likely get a cat back system in stainless steel as it likely to be cheaper and last longer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd have thought the pipe routing for the rear half of the exhaust will be the same for all models.

There may be a slight difference in pipe diameter depending on engine, but as the original system has to be cut to fit any separate rear box there's no reason why it couldn't be cut to allow space for a reducer to match the new box to the existing system.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I noticed that they were listed as different part number for 0.9 and 1.4.
I was very shocked at the prices where as exhaust are listed on eBay for the 1.4...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd imagine the .9 has smaller diameter pipework. I seem to remember my 1.4 multiair uses either 1.75 or 2in pipe which I remember at the time was bigger than the 1.9 BMW which was the last car I had changed an exhaust on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally one of the stores replied and the problem is that the system itself is a bit different and since not many 0.9 are looking for aftermarket no one is building them :/

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Will a 2 cylinder engine sound any better with a sportier exhaust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts