Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I am still trying to get rid of the lumpy idle problem. Have replaced the lambda and the fuses, but nobody around this area has the relay in stock (the middle relay of the three against the bulkhead). Does anybody know of a supplier which will do a mail order ?

W

·
0 Posts
Aren't two the same, swap them around for a while just to confirm thats your problem :D

wrinx

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yep - just a simple, standard single-pole make relay. Any of the 3 will do. As a test, you could even bridge it out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swapped the relays the weekend but still no improvement. Should I try the temp sensor next ?

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
The temp sensor has been found guilty in some similar cases. Also the Air Flow meter and possibly the HT leads.

And put some of that fuel injector cleaner in the tank.. you never know.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car idles lumpy from cold as well. The injector light does not come on that often while idling on the choke, but it still comes on. I have added injector cleaner to the fuel.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Have you checked the plugs and plug leads in case one is breaking down and causing a missfire???

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Speedy. The plugs should be OK because the were changed with the previous service. I will have a look at the leads however

1 - 9 of 9 Posts