Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've already spent hours on this and seem not to be getting anywhere so would really appreciate some advice. I'm not mega techy so please speak in words of one syllable!

The story so far: discovered my ipod doesn't work with Blue and Me and the advice is to save music onto a usb stick. Then I find I have to convert all my music files to new format so following advice I found on here or somewhere I download some free software, go through a very lengthy process of converting all my music to mp3 then set it up as a playlist only to find there is a voice talking over all the music saying something about 'AVS media demo'. ARGGHHHH. So frustrated............

Should I just splash out and buy the ipod converter at £65? Any constructive advice appreciated.

Thanks for listening!

:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
hi i am having same issue at the moment pain in the neck but i have bought the ipod adaptor still having trouble so going to download latest software 5.5 version i will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
downloaded blue&me 5.5 and notice big difference it loads media library instantly and not even using adaptor i will see how it goes
I think I read that the compatability varies with different versions of the ipod . What version is yours? Mine was a very early one which has just been recalled by Apple due to a fire risk with the battery and I don't know what I will get back.
So are you saying it was updating the blue&me software that made it work rather than the ipod adapter?

·
Registered
407 Posts
hi the red1 my ipod is the 80gb classic approx 5 years old did blue&me update 5.5 plugged ipod in and yes it played right away but found it still wont build library or play from last track listen to, so went back to trying adaptor and yes,yes,yes it works brilliantly so only answer is 5.5 software and adaptor ebay about £60 ish

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi the red1 my ipod is the 80gb classic approx 5 years old did blue&me update 5.5 plugged ipod in and yes it played right away but found it still wont build library or play from last track listen to, so went back to trying adaptor and yes,yes,yes it works brilliantly so only answer is 5.5 software and adaptor ebay about £60 ish
Thank you. Just need my ipod to come back from Apple now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can use itunes to change tracks to mp3 for nothing. Change the default import setting to mp3 at the desired bit rate then highlight any tracks you want to change, click advanced where there should be an option to create mp3 version...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts