Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Need some help please, yesterday my 156 ( 1.8ts ) required a little extra cranking before it fired, which was quite unusual.... went out and it started fine after that.

Then this morning when I went to start its just turning over making no attempt to fire??

The only thing that has been done to it last week was a re-gas of the a/c, wether this has any relevance or not.

Any suggestions / help :confused: , need to get it sorted asap.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, quick update...... had a friend read the ecu fault codes and its coming up with;

PO335 crank pos sensor , circuit A

Can anyone tell me where this sensor is located please

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crank sensor is on the back of the engine just above the starter motor.
Check the connector on the top of the plenum chamber give it a clean .think it's the last one on the top right at the back by the air con pipes on the bulkhead.:thumbs:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crank sensor is on the back of the engine just above the starter motor.
Check the connector on the top of the plenum chamber give it a clean .think it's the last one on the top right at the back by the air con pipes on the bulkhead.:thumbs:

Thanks for that :thumbs:

I'll give the connector a clean and see if it it keeps her running 'till a new sensor gets here.

Why do they misbehave when you really are snowed under :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, well she totally refused to start this morning again :/

New sensor has been ordered from Alfaworkshop ..... I'll keep you posted

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh my god!!

Has anyone ever changed this sensor?
Gonna need to get it on a ramp I think, I slid under it this on axle stands this morning and I couldn't even get to see the culprit :/

Why is nothing ever simple?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What a pain in the a**!
Ended up having to split the exhaust to make room to get my hands an a ratchet in there.

Well job done she's up and running again :)

But I discovered a list of other jobs ill need to do,

It's going to need a new front pipe ( flexi is shot ) tracking needs sorting and a pair of front boots will be required come mot time.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm happy to report all is well

And strangely the only time the exhaust seems to blow now is when she is stone cold....when warm you can hardly tell, random but I'm not going to complain tho :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts