Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got a 2013 G and as part of the deal, they chucked in an iPod cable.

Anyway, 4 weeks later it finally turns up. Plug it and.....nothing!

It came with no instructions at all so I was hoping someone on here has had dealings with them and can help me get it going.

Cheers

R

·
0 Posts
I bought a 32gb USB stick, filled it with music and plugged it into the USB port (and basically 'forgot' about it).... No hassle with constantly fishing the iPod out of the glovebox or it possibly getting stolen...

I'd rather not have my iPod sitting in my car... and I can't see why anybody would want to - if it's playlists you are after, just create folders on the stick for each playlist containing those songs...

It's very easy to navigate through the options and folders using the voice commands and steering wheel controls once you get the hang of it..

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'd rather not have my iPod sitting in my car... and I can't see why anybody would want to.....
:confused::confused:

Don't understand your thinking there I'm afraid. :)

I bought a cheap iPod nano, loaded it up with my music, plugged it into the glove box USB socket and left it there. Works a treat. Job done.

Bit like leaving a USB stick plugged in all the time but with the added satisfaction that an iPod nano is a bit sexier looking than a stuck! :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
We have an ipod touch and a 2010 Giulietta, it works but only in like shuffle mode, you can move up and down on the steering wheel but you never know what the next track is goin to be. Try putting your Ipod into shuffle with the music?? Hopefully I might get someone else help me make my experience better??

·
Registered
696 Posts
Which I-pod do you have?

I've got a 2010 G and my I-pod, which is an old one 30GB doesn't seem to work, but, the wife's (slighter newer model) works fine, both don't charge when plugged in ( I guess that where the USB come handy )

·
Registered
392 Posts
Should not be a problem. I have about 400 tracks on my Iphone 4S, I just connect the lead at both ends and it automatically goes straight to whatever the last track playing in my phone was irrespective whether the music was selected on the phone or not. Have done that from new so, unaware of anything which needs setting up.

I assume your Blue & Me works and you can make calls from the buttons on the steering wheel?

Take it back to the dealers and ask them to look at it!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Shouldn't.

I bought an ipod touch for my 2011 GQV, and it lives in the glovebox with only spotify and about 1000 songs on it.
When the car is parked beside the house, and i change my songs, add, remove etc to my playlists on my spotfy phone app or on my laptop, the ipod in the car picks it up too and syncs as it is in WIFI range.

Perfect.

R

·
0 Posts
:confused::confused:

Don't understand your thinking there I'm afraid. :)

I bought a cheap iPod nano, loaded it up with my music, plugged it into the glove box USB socket and left it there. Works a treat. Job done.

Bit like leaving a USB stick plugged in all the time but with the added satisfaction that an iPod nano is a bit sexier looking than a stuck! :lol:
:lol:
Uhmm, not sure how it can be 'sexier looking' if it is inside the glovebox.... but ok...
All you really have is an expensive USB stick then..?
Also using a USB stick means there are no unnecessary cables lying around in an already tiny glovebox..

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Ah but I know it's sexier looking even if I can't see it! (Aren't I sad?! :cheese: )

I take your point about the cable but I travel light - packet of tissues in the glove box lid pocket, the service book and a couple of other small things and that's it.... :lol:

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm using a very old i-pod 32gb classic, works perfectly with the standard 30pin connected and usb connector. Battery does not hold it's charge well so connecting in the car it works fine.

Most times I select shuffle mode, but through the blue&me tom tom I can select folders/albums/artists etc.

Also use a 32 gb memory stick which I swap between cars again this works fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use my old 60gb iPod with no issues, I just use the apple cable. Don't mean to sound patronising but have you looked at the instructions in the car handbook? You know, press the phone symbol on the steering wheel into media I think etc... Not the most user friendly on menus but I'm kinnda used to it now. I search by artist or just choose "play anything" if you've done all that try you own apple cable to rule out a faulty cable.
Alternatively, use a 3.5mm cable and plug in the AUX and use functions on your device.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah not sure what you mean here.
'ipod cable' ??

You just use the standard USB cable you get with your iPod.

Unless there's some new-fangled thing I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the alfa accessories ipod lead chucked in when I bought the car as the dealer beloved it was required to use my iphone. I have since found its not needed but on the up side, I didn't pay for it!

I took it into my local dealer Friday and they tested it with the standard apple cable and the accessories one and neither worked so it is now booked in ad the tech thinks its missing software

1 - 17 of 17 Posts