Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove of from home and check engine light comes on.... Plug in mes and error P1850 comes up. Clear it. And it keeps coming up, anyone had this issue.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
The gearbox has microswitches to indicate which gear is selected. I think it may be a failure of one of these switches giving your problem. I didn't experience it myself but will have to research how it works before being of more help.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the error has stopped. i think theres a loose switch or with the bad weather water may have been causing connection issues, im hoping.
i read up that the sensor is under the gear lever which requires the heat shields to be removed.

I hope it was just water or dust.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
sounds like a job to get to them. But usually the plugs are well sealed. Anyway, report at your next service and ask them to secure and spray with contact cleaner. Should probably still be under warranty?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
out of warranty,seem intermittent, comes on, switch of and when it feels like it. it will come on, will check it up when im in durban, need to go under the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.