1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all fellows,

My car is 1.4 MA 170Bbp.

I got this code after radiator fan replaced

I googled and found it may be caused by "solenoid valve relay" issue. May I know where is it??

This is the story behind:-
Few weeks ago coolant overheat warning on and I found the radiator fan malfunctioned(fan can power up, but the fan move back and forth)

Then I brought and replaced a new HELLA OEM
(https://www.ebay.com/itm/8EW-351-041...r/302461226066)

Coolant overheat problem seems solved.

However, when I drive again this week, I feel the A/C is not so cool when the car is running slow or when traffic jam. I double checked the coolant temperature in OBD2 app(torque) and found it will raise up to the max. 114°C (Although dashboard coolant always is shown 90°C )

I further scan the car for fault code, I got P0481.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. If you get MES you can actually force the fan to run at both speeds on your drive with just the ignition on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I used AlfaOBD to test the slow and fast speed and found there is no response on fast speed. Then I read through the workshop documentation and understood the relationship Temperature sensor ->ECU->fastfan_fuse->fastfan_relay->fan(fast mode). Finally, I found fastfan_fuse is blown out. This is suspected it blown to protect relay when the old fan malfunction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts