Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a G with oversized brake calipers & 18'' alloy wheels, I want to know if there are any red brake calipers that would fit

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
What is wrong with the calipers you have now (assuming you have the Brembo calipers)?

Do you want even bigger brakes?
Or do you just want them red?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think the GQV comes with red brake callipers. If the ops G did not come with red callipers, it probably is one of the 1.4l versions. That being said even those G's can come with red brake callipers with the QV line option.

If the G did not come with red brake callipers, and you want some, why not just get them painted?

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
the optional oversized calipers are always red, so something sounds wrong...
That's what I thought. I wonder if someone has put a set of 159 Brembos on, because they wouldn't necessarily be red?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the GQV comes with red brake callipers. If the ops G did not come with red callipers, it probably is one of the 1.4l versions. That being said even those G's can come with red brake callipers with the QV line option.

If the G did not come with red brake callipers, and you want some, why not just get them painted?
Painting them won't achieve the same esthetics

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
They are not brembo, yet they are the same size and the calibers are the standard rough silver found in all cars
I think it might be worth getting the ruler out to measure just how big those front discs are.

Reactions: David C
S

·
0 Posts
Painting them won't achieve the same esthetics
I painted mine and they look great but was a lot of work.

As long as all debris is removed and they are thoroughly cleaned (I used an Ultrasonic bath) then there shouldn't be any issues.

Once cleaned (They were back to being shiny silver) I acid etched them to provide a good base for the paint. Key as well is to use a good paint such as the 2 part paint that bakes on with heat such as Foliatec. Some people recommend halfords or hammerite - I can't comment as I haven't tried them but can't imagine them being hard enough to withstand chips etc

I applied heat resistant Alfa decals to mine as well and it really does look good.

Should mention - Take the Calipers and carriers off the car as it will be way too difficult if leaving them on.

If I had known how much work was involved before I started I might not have bothered doing it but was worth it in the end

Will try to put a picture up later

·
Administrator
88,058 Posts
They are not brembo, yet they are the same size and the calibers are the standard rough silver found in all cars

Can you post a pic of your caliper, or which of these do they look like ?

Brembo:

330mm Brembo.jpg

Standard:

Giulietta non brembo.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts