Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 TS Spider, a couple of days ago it just stopped, no noises, odd running or any other signs, it just stopped! It was as if I had turned the ignition off,

I waited for the RAC (3hrs!) the RAC man said he didn't know anything about my car but tried to plug into it but couldn't connect, he kept trying it until he killed the battery then towed me home.

After he went I tried it, it started and ran for about 30 seconds then died. I trawled the forum and came to the conclusion that it was the crank sensor so bought a new one and fitted it today, charged the battery and put it back on, turned the key and it started. I left it running whilst I cleared up all OK, put the hood down to go for a drive, half way open the car stopped and would not start again.

About two hours later I tried to start it with the brown key (I tried all my keys) the code light came on, went off then the car started and ran for about 30 seconds then died again!

I have noticed that the code light does not come on when the car will not start, not even a flicker, the time it started it had come on.

I have been reading old threads for a few hours and everybody else seem to have the code light stuck on but not me! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Hi and welcome popadoo, i would disconnect the battery completely tonight and then reconnect tomorrow and see if it cures it? Otherwise get it diagnosed or you will simply end up chasing your tail and costing yourself alot of money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the battery disconnected for 36 hours and I had a man come to diagnose it but every time he tried to connect he said the code light flashed and wouldn't let him in, the belts were done about a year ago.

I have recently had the alternator replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts